Some kids are naturally bold and aggressive, while others are docile contrary to their physical appearance. While their differentiating characteristics are important in giving them a personal identity, some character traits are universally important and must be nurtured into a child to help him / her grow up strong and determined.
In teaching values like Courage, Determination, Perseverance and Discipline, there's no better lesson than to have it learnt through personal Experience.
This is what Kumite (組手) or sparring is about.
To the onlooker, the kumite event might seem like an unfair match where the partner capitalizes on the weakness and weariness of the Grading participant. But in truth, kumite is a lesson that shows the Karate-ka the only opponent that truly exists- Himself.
Until the only choice you have is to be STRONG."
Congratulations to our Kids' Grading participants for being successful in this event!
- Mavyinjeet Singh (8 years old): Green 2 Belt, 6 rounds of 1.5 minutes
- Periarasan (12 years old): Brown 1 Belt, 6 rounds of 1.5 minutes
- Maxim Arshinov (10 years old): Brown 2 Belt, 10 rounds of 1.5 minutes
- Keegan Chua (7 years old): Brown 2 Belt, 10 rounds of 1.5 minutes
- Keefe Chua (11 years old): Brown 2 Belt, 10 rounds of 1.5 minutes
Enjoy the highlight reel below!